Sunday, October 27, 2013

Turkey Stuffed Zucchini

I've seen stuffed peppers and stuffed zucchini plastered all over the internet lately, and it never really caught my eye. I was thinking of something to cook for my lunch this week, so I went searching online and came across some stuffed zucchini recipes. I didn't really like any of the ones I saw, so I decided to create my own, and I'm sure glad I did! So simple and so tasty!

Turkey Stuffed Zucchini 
4 Zucchini, halved
1 pound ground Turkey
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 large Carrot, peeled and chopped
1 handful of Spinach, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 tsp. Basil
½ tsp. Oregano
½ tsp. Thyme
Coconut oil

Print this recipe here.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰ F.
2. Half zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out seeds, and place on a lined cookie sheet.

3. Brown turkey in a skillet with coconut oil. Drain most of fat.

4. Add onions, peppers, carrots, spinach and garlic. Sautee until onion turns translucent.

5. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and thyme. Stir to combine.

6. Fill zucchini with turkey mixture.

7. Bake for 20-30 minutes.

That's it! I have to say, this is easier than a lot of the other recipes I saw online, which is great for me! I can save time without it costing me a tasty lunch for the week. I will warn you, however, that when scooping the insides out of your zucchini, be cautious of piercing a whole in the bottom. It's easy to do, trust me! I'm ecstatic about this recipe, because it sounds and looks fancy, but is super easy. Success!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. I love stuffed zucchini, and this one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and healthy. I think I will try this but with lean ground beef. Pinning this recipe.

    ReplyDelete