Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Verdict is In...and Paleo is Here to Stay!

I've been on the Paleo diet for over a month now, and I absolutely love it! I don't miss grains, beans, or any of the other things that I haven't been eating. I can also notice that I've built more muscle while simultaneously losing some fat.....that works for me! I never thought Paleo would be the type of diet I would stick to, but it wasn't that hard at all. The main thing I had to cut out was beans, which was a little difficult at first, but I got used to it. So, for all you who are contemplating Paleo or who are beginners, here are some tips that helped yours truly:
  • Plan-This is a must. You will risk getting off track if you don't plan your meals and have Paleo friendly snacks at your convenience. I like to prepare my meals at the beginning of the week or the day prior to when I will eat them, and I love keeping containers of cut up vegetables in the fridge for a quick snack. 
  • Find Recipes- Eating raw vegetables and grilled chicken all the time is no fun. I found a lot of great tasting recipes that were Paleo, but didn't taste so bland and boring.
  • Use Spices- Whenever cooking, use spices! They give your meal so much more flavor, which is important when you're only eating a limited amount of things.
  • Cheat- I know, this sounds counter-intuitive, but I have to have a cheat day every once and a while. It's what keeps me sane! And honestly, one cheat day every now and then isn't going to hurt. It could even prevent you from binge eating in the future.
So, those are my few tips for going Paleo. I have a ton more, but these are the big ones that will help you stay on track and be successful in the long run. I have really enjoyed this last month-and-a-half of living Paleo, and I'm excited to continue with it!

1 comment:

  1. What treats are allowed on the Paleo diet? Can you have a treat like once a week?

    ReplyDelete