Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wilted Kale with Walnuts

Kale yeah! I love this green stuff! Whether it's making kale chips or eating it in a salad, kale is awesome. It's also a super food, which doesn't hurt. But the best thing is that it's so versatile; it can be prepared in so many ways and it's still so good! This recipe is so so so simple but is so so so tasty. I've tried experimenting with other seasonings in this recipe, but I like the taste of kale too much to mess with it!

Wilted Kale with Walnuts

1 Bunch Kale
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Walnuts (more if you want)
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1.      In a large pot over medium heat, toast walnuts for about 5 minutes.
2.      Add olive oil and let it heat up.
3.      Add kale and toss for 10 minutes (give or take a little).
4.      Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Print this recipe here.

It's plain, it's simple, and it's amazing. Don't mess with it people, or I'll have to kick the kale out of you! Okay, I'm done with the kale puns. I'm gonna go actually enjoy some of this now.

9 comments:

  1. Big fan of kale so I'll def try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give this try also. Next year, I'm going to grow more kale and less Swiss Chard in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too familiar with Swiss chard....I'll have to try it!

      Delete
  3. Love kale! I'll be trying this recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale rocks! This is probably my favorite way to prepare it.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete