Thursday, September 12, 2013

Spice Up Your Raw Vegetables


I'm really tired of raw vegetables. Cauliflower is so bland and crumbly. Celery tastes akin to dirty water. Carrots take me five minutes to chew up. Cherry tomatoes are about the only raw vegetable I eat that I don't have a problem with. It's time for a trip to the spice rack, because I'm afraid if I keep eating veggies that are this bland, my taste buds are going to disappear. Here are a few spice combinations that will keep your raw veggies interesting!

Spicy Blend
Cayenne Pepper
Chili Powder
Crushed Red Pepper (if you're feeling daring)

Fresh Blend
Ground Thyme
Rosemary

Tarragon Blend
Tarragon
A squirt of lemon juice

Savory Blend
Cumin
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder

Specialty Carrot Blend
Ground Cinnamon
Ground Nutmeg

**Disclaimer: I would suggest using these spices sparingly on your raw veggies. 
If you use too much you'll have yourself a very dry snack!**

I find that spices aren't used as much as they should be. Instead of using something fatty like oil or butter to make your food taste good, use spices! They're natural, and when they work together, they taste superb!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to cook with less butter and cheese on my vegetables but my family isn't having it. Thanks for the tips, I might try using spices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love spices! They can make the worst tasting foods extremely palatable.

      Delete