Monday, September 2, 2013

Portable Meals

To be completely honest, I could live in a tent and it would be suffice for my needs. I'm always on the go, and hardly ever at home these days! I always have to take meals with me on the go, which is why I've been eating a lot of soups and salads lately; meals easy to tote around. Normally, I see people bring their meals in Ziploc or Glad containers, and I used to do the same. That is, until I found The Container Store! I went shopping, and there I found a brand of tupperware called Sistema. A-maz-ing.

Whenever I'm in the mood for salad, I use the Sistema Chill It To-Go container. It comes with a large salad bowl, an insert that goes on top of the salad (I usually put chicken here), a small container for dressing, and a fork and knife! If that's not enough for a salad, I don't know what is!


However, when I'm not in the mood for salad or soup, I use the Sistema Lunch Cube. It has three compartments, and folds up nice and compact. I usually put grilled chicken and a vegetable in the big compartment, and two vegetables in the other compartments. Easy to microwave and enjoy! The Lunch Cube gives you the ability to have a home cooked meal at your fingertips.

A meal on the go isn't as hard as it looks, is it? I never think twice about having to take a meal on the go anymore because of my containers. Plus, being healthy takes a lot of planning, so I usually have food on hand to take anywhere. It works out just swimmingly! 


2 comments:

  1. Also, packing your own lunch is easier on your wallet. One year my co-worker and I, bought our lunch from home and we did that for 6 months and we were amazed on how much money we had in our savings. The easiest meal I pack is a peanut butter sandwich with a piece of fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just another plus of packing your lunch! Honestly, I never eat lunch at restaurants anymore.

      Delete