Sunday, September 15, 2013

Jump Rope Workout


I always hated jump-roping as a child, but I never could figure out as to why. Now, I see that it's definitely because it was too much work! Jump-roping takes a lot of energy that isn't able to be obtained in large amounts of time; also, it kicks your butt. Last night I got home from a day out-and-about and decided that I would jump-rope in the driveway. I'm so glad I did! So, without any further rambling, here's my jump-rope workout:


Circuit 1
Jump rope: 5 minutes
Jumping Jacks: 50

Rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Circuit 2
Jump rope: 4 minutes
Jumping Jacks: 40

Rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Circuit 3
Jump rope: 3 minutes
Jumping Jacks: 30

Rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Circuit 4
Jump rope: 2 minutes
Jumping Jacks: 20

Rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Circuit 5
Jump rope: As long as you can.
Jumping Jacks: As many as you can.

All done!

This workout is a bitch. That's all that needs to be said about it. I have more energy after running miles upon miles than after this workout. And one more thing, your arms may feel like they're going to fall off by the end!

8 comments:

  1. Definitely a workout for advanced and intermediate exercisers but it looks really good. Will try it today since it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! This is NOT for beginners. And it's also easy to customize; replace the jumping-jacks with something else, or even add something different to the mix.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to add, that if anyone has knee problems, they should jump on a wood floor, thin carpeted floor, or a rubber mat floor, like the ones that go under cardio equipment.

      Delete
    2. Definitely, Sheila! Good point.

      Delete
  3. I did this workout last night but I started at 4 minutes, that's all I could handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love JUMP ROPE and can do it for minutes on end if allowed. Great cardio workout.

    ReplyDelete