Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Restaurant Healthy: Olive Garden

logo
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
When you walk into an Olive Garden, you enter a world of endless soup, salad, and bread sticks, as well as a world of endless saturated fat and carbs. Don't get me wrong, the salad isn't bad for you, and the minestrone soup is packed with veggies (and sodium, among other things), but everything else is pretty much full of carbs and fats galore. They have a healthy choice menu, which I appreciate, and of which I took full advantage! My choice for dinner, the Venetian Apricot Chicken. Fancy, right?


Calories: 400
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 1290 mg
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 51 g

Not bad, huh? It tasted pretty decent too. It wasn't Chicken Parmesan by any means, but it was enjoyable. I would go back to Olive Garden just to get it again. It's just that trying to eat healthy while everyone else at your table is scarfing down creamy soups, buttery bread sticks, and pasta is just downright difficult. I didn't have a bread stick though, and I have never been prouder of myself (side note: this is like my tenth time at Olive Garden not having a bread stick). Now, onto the verdict:

Olive Garden's Venetian Apricot Chicken: A-



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I have only been to an Olive Garden ONCE but I remember when I went, I thought it was REALLY GOOD! I got the grilled salmon and side of broccoli and then I loved the never ending salads! You can certainly order healthy there, as long as you pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive Garden is the stuff! They have some dished based on a Mediterranean diet, hence the healthy options.

      Delete