Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Go-To Kitchen Gadgets

You'll find quick and easy recipes all over this blog, but part of the reason they're so quick and easy has to do with nifty little kitchen gadgets that help speed up preparation. Without some of these tools, my recipes wouldn't be nearly as simple and easy, which is no good! Unless you want to spend all of your free time in the kitchen (I don't). So, here are my little kitchen helpers that speed up cooking!

Hand Chopper- Who wants to spend all that precious time chopping vegetables? Moreover, who wants to sit there bawling their eyes out while chopping an onion? Maybe Giada De Laurentiis or Rachael Ray, but not myself. That's why I have a hand chopper! You cut whatever needs to be chopped into large chunks, then throw them in the bottom of the chopper and slap away! Side note: this is also good stress relief.

Mini Cutting Board- Who wants to lug out the big chopping block when you only have a few things to cut (especially when you minimize knife chopping with the slap chopper)? I always keep my mini cutting board handy if I'm ever cutting up some cucumber slices for a snack or chopping a few veggies to throw in a salad. When I'm finished, I rinse it off in the sink and dry it, but I'm aware of germs so I throw it in the dish washer once or twice a week!

Giada De Laurentiis for Target Paring Knife- I know her recipes aren't always the easiest or the healthiest, but my girl Giada has great cutlery. I got this paring knife on sale at Target a while back and it's amazing! It's pretty much the only knife I use anymore because it cuts most anything with complete ease. I don't even have to use a fork to hold my chicken breast when I use this knife; it's just that sharp!

Lock & Lock Tupperware- These days, nine times out of ten, I cook things in bulk and save them to eat on later, because all I have to do is reheat them in the microwave. I love these Lock & Lock storage containers because they come in so many different sizes that it's impossible to not be able to find one you need, and they don't accidentally open if they're dropped! No mess, no stress; it's just perfect! 

So there you have it. If none of these things existed, I would be spending almost every waking hour of my life in the kitchen. Well, that's a little dramatic, but I want to live life, and I can't do that if I'm in the kitchen all the time, and neither can you!





2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Giada, I tried her holiday pork roast for Thanksgiving and it came out a hot mess. I just couldn't get it right and it tasted awful. I need some knives for cooking so I might check out her line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Giada's recipes are hit and miss; her cutlery, on the other hand, is superb!

      Delete