Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kale Chips with Rosemary and Thyme

Kale is all the rage lately in the world of leafy greens, and I pack it into my smoothies everyday, but I don't ever actually eat kale that often. So, KALE CHIPS TO THE RESCUE! Chips were never anything that I ate in abundance before I got in to living healthy, but chips are good. I looked around on the web for directions on how to make kale chips, and they seemed simple enough. I played around with some spices, and concocted my own recipe for kale chips with Rosemary and Thyme. 

1 Bunch of Kale
1 Large Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-1/2 tsp. Rosemary
1-1/2 tsp. Thyme
Pinch of sea salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash kale, and remove from stem into small pieces.

3. Toss kale in olive oil.
4. Add in spices, and toss again.

5. Place kale leaves on a tin-foil lined cookie sheet. 

6. Bake for 7-10 minutes (maybe a little more), until kale has browned and is crispy.

7. Remove from oven, eat immediately or store in an airtight container.
**TIP: Put some rice in the container with the kale chips to keep them dry and crunchy.**
Print this recipe here.

If I say so myself, and I do, these chips rocked my world! In my honest opinion, they don't taste like a vegetable at all and the pinch of salt gives them a taste that mimics that of a regular, fattening potato chip. So, easy? Check. Healthy? Check. Delicious? Check. What more can you ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment