Monday, August 26, 2013

Individual Turkey Breakfast Meatloaves

If meat loaf were a person (with the exception of the musician), it would be a husky man with a beer gut who wears cut off plaid shirts and ripped jeans. At least, that's what I would imagine. Although meatloaf may not be too desirable of a person, it sure is a good meal! I decided to switch things  up and make meatloaf for breakfast in muffin tins; how apropos. This dish is a good way to get protein in the mornings, and can also be refrigerated and easily heated in the microwave. Works for me!

1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves 
1 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt 
1 raw egg
Print this recipe Here.

Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 325 ºF. 

2. In a large bowl combine the onion, green pepper, ground turkey, sage, thyme, nutmeg, garlic, black pepper, salt and egg. Mix well with your hands. 


3. Fill a greased muffin pan with the mixture, filling each cup almost all the way, but not quite. Make sure the meat is packed well into the cups. 

4. Bake the meatloaves uncovered for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the temperature in the middle is at least 170 ºF.

All this recipe was, was chopping a few things and mixing some stuff together in a bowl. After that I had my breakfast for the week! And it was tasty as well! I didn't even need ketchup with it, but I did get my tomato fix by eating some cherry tomatoes with my meatloaf today. But anyhow, this recipe was a complete success!

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I'm sharing this recipe with my class, sending out an email tonight along with your article on the Paleo app. I never would have thought about doing this for breakfast, how smart and it looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the publicity, Sheila! I nominated you for the Plutus Awards by the way!

      Delete