Monday, August 12, 2013

Dark Chocolate Strawberry Breakfast Farro

I love whole grains! They're like a blank canvas that you can spice up any way you want; you can really use your creativity. I also love chocolate! It's like the paragon of paint, going back to the canvas analogy. So, with my love of whole grains and chocolate, dark chocolate strawberry breakfast farro was born!


1/3 Cup of Farro + 2/3 Cup of Water to Boil It
About 1/2 oz. Dark Chocolate
1/4 tsp. Hot Water
3-4 Fresh Strawberries, Cut into Pieces

Directions:
1. Bring Farro and water to a boil in a pot. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile place your dark chocolate in a small, microwaveable bowl.

3. Microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir in 1/4 tsp. of water.

4. Drain Farro once it is cooked, and transfer to a bowl. Stir in melted chocolate.

5. Slice fresh strawberries and top you chocolate Farro with them.

I have to be real with y'all, this felt like more of a dessert than a breakfast. It was good, though. It tasted similar to a chocolate covered strawberry, which I adore! Ding, ding ding! We have a winner in the breakfast category. I'll definitely be having this for breakfast again, or when I'm craving chocolate! Bon appetit!

My Rating of Dark Chocolate Strawberry Breakfast Farro: 9/10






2 comments: