Sunday, July 14, 2013

Roasted Chickpeas

Every time I need beans and go to get them at the store, I'll glance right over the Garbanzo beans as I'm looking for my desired legume. I've never had them before, but I've always heard Chickpeas are pretty good for you, so I figured I would roast them, like I've seen others do. I usually like roasted things, and the best part about this recipe is that you don't add fat by using oil! That part won me over!


1 (16 oz.) can Chickpeas
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder 
1/2 tsp. Cumin
*Print this recipe here*

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Drain and rinse your Chickpeas.


3. Place the drained Chickpeas in a bowl and add the spices.
4. Toss the beans to evenly coat all of them.

5. Spread the beans out onto a cookie sheet.

6. Roast for 40 minutes, or until crispy.
(Use a spatula to occasionally move/flip the beans, so they roast evenly.) 

7. Remove from oven, let them cool, and enjoy!

Yes, I know mine look a tad bit burnt, but they didn't taste that way! I've found myself a new healthy snack with a crap-load of protein. Chickpeas have almost 20 grams of protein per 1/2 cup, which is great, because I'm always looking for a snack that will fill me up. Just store these babies in an airtight container and eat them as you please. I even took some with me to the movies to have instead of popcorn that is basically laced with saturated fat, and I also saved about twenty bucks! Don't judge me.

My Rating of Roasted Chickpeas: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment