Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Restaurant Healthy: Cracker Barrel

What's the only place where you can play a game of checkers in an rocking chair while waiting on your good ole' country cookin' to arrive? Where you can browse all kinds of candy in vintage packaging? Where you can get an old fashioned orange creme soda in a frosted mug?!? Cracker Barrel of course. It's one of my favorite places to eat, and it doesn't matter where you eat it at, the food tastes the same. Cracker Barrel isn't exactly known for their salads, but I figured I'd give one of them a try. My choice: the Grilled Chicken n' Fresh Vegetables Salad (no dressing, of course). It has corn. God, I love corn. Needless to say, that sealed the deal for me. 


Calories: 550
Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbs: 10 g
Protein: 40 g
Sodium: n/A

Note that this nutritional information is not from the Cracker Barrel company itself, it's from My Fitness Pal, so the numbers may be a little off (the source says it has 0 mg of sodium, but I find that hard to believe). Overall, the salad was the shizz-nit. I loved the corn, no big surprise there, but the salad was just very fresh and flavorful. The only thing its that there were like 3 chicken tenders on there. They weren't big either. But hey, you can't have it all, sometimes. I'll live, don't you worry. This was a very enjoyable salad, nonetheless. 

Cracker Barrel's Grilled Chicken n' Fresh Vegetables Salad: A- (I'm sorry, those three little breasts (hee hee) really got to me, and something tells me there is something off with that nutrition info.)

No comments:

Post a Comment