Monday, July 22, 2013

Restaurant Healthy: Chili's

Although my first choice is to prepare myself a meal at home, so that I know what goes into it, I still adore eating out because, hey, I don't have to cook! So, I am going to start chronicling my healthy eats at restaurants. First up, Chili's. It's not fancy, it's not expensive, but it's some decent grub. Like many chain restaurants, Chili's has a "Lighter Choice Menu" with low calorie meals. My choice for lunch today: a simple grilled chicken salad without the cheese, and with no dressing.



Calories: 430
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Carbs: 22 g
Protein 39 g
Sodium: 1160mg

The salad tasted amazing! And I'm guessing that I didn't eat as much fat (especially saturated fat) because I skipped out on the cheese, and since I ate it sans dressing, some other areas were probably somewhat less than what is listed above. Looking at the nutrition information, I'm impressed until I get to the sodium. It's probably used as a preservative in the chicken, and this salad was one of the entrees with the smallest amount of sodium. Other than that, everything else seems decent when it comes to the nutrition of this salad. I'll definitely get it again! 

Chili's Grilled Chicken Salad: B+ (because of the ungodly amount of sodium!)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment