Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pineapple Green Smoothie


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and in my case, it's also the sweetest meal of the day. I eat all of my fruit for the day in the morning before I workout, so that I'll burn it off later, and those sugars don't turn into fat. Cue the fruit smoothie! I've worked for a while to perfect this smoothie recipe, making it taste the best, but also be as healthy as possible, and "By George, I've done it!" If I say so myself, and I do, this is the perfect green smoothie.

1/2 Cup Water
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes (Optional)
4-5 Cubes of Pineapple
3 Large Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
1/2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
2-3 Heaping Handfuls of Spinach or Kale
(I pretty much pack as much green as possible into my blender!)
*Print this recipe here*

Directions
Put ingredients in a blender and blend away!

This smoothie is delicious, and oh so creamy! I've made smoothies with milk and a crap-load of Greek yogurt and they weren't as creamy as this baby is, and I don't know why. But hey, I'm not going to question it. The smoothie gods gave me a creamy smoothie, and I'm taking it! And the thing I love about this recipe is that there's not much sugar at all; the pineapple and Greek yogurt have less than 10 grams combined, so you could even have this for lunch or a mid-morning snack after your workout, because there isn't much sugar to burn off in the first place. Score!


4 comments:

  1. Yum, I love anything pineapple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think pineapple makes the best smoothies.

      Delete
  2. Yum! I think I have everything on hand to make this :)

    The creaminess is probably the chia. My smoothies have a creamier texture when I add chia.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! I didn't think the chia would make that big of a difference.

      Delete