Monday, July 1, 2013

Chipotle Lime Chicken

I was at the mall this weekend and passed by this expensive looking cooking store called Sur la Table that I thought would be way to expensive for my taste, but I went in anyway. There was a sale and I only ended up spending $25! Any who, one of the things I got was this Chipotle Seasoning mixture to try on chicken! 


So, naturally I came up with my own recipe using this spice for a baked Chipotle Lime chicken. 

4 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
Tim Love's Chipotle Lime Seasoning (to sprinkle on chicken)

Directions:
1. Wash and trim chicken breasts; preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Mix together olive oil and lime juice.

3. Brush olive oil and lime juice mixture over chicken breasts and sprinkle
with the Chipotle Lime seasoning so that the chicken breasts are lightly dusted
with the seasoning. 

4. Pop those babies into the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
(Please forgive me as I was unable to snap a shot of these after
they were done. They got eaten too fast.)

These chicken breasts were good. Not great. I didn't taste the lime juice as much as I thought I would, and the seasoning wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be, but it was good. If I didn't have these expectations as to what it would taste like, I would've loved it! But still, it's a good recipe that I'll definitely use again, maybe as a marinade for grilling instead of baking.

My Rating of Chipotle Lime Chicken: 7/10






2 comments:

  1. Making delicious chicken is so very easy! Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Chicken is such a versatile dish that's hard to mess up!

      Delete