Saturday, July 13, 2013

Almond Butter Breakfast Bulgur with Berries

Wow, I just realized there are a ton of B's in the title of this post. All alliteration aside, I took a trip to Trader Joe's a few days ago and hit the whole grain jackpot! I found all types of quinoa as well as the Trader Joe's brand of Buckwheat, Bulgur, and Farro that cook in only ten minutes! I almost passed out from over excitement. I picked up some Farro and Bulgur to start with, because I figured that buying all those whole grains at one time would probably make my head explode. Any who, this recipe today is a easy Bulgur recipe that's perfect for breakfast. It doesn't taste like it's good for you, either!


1/3 Cup Bulgur
2/3 Cup Water
1 Tbsp. Almond Butter
1 Tbsp. Hot Water
1/2 tsp. Honey
1/4 tsp. Chia Seeds
Strawberries (or any other fruit you desire)
*Print this recipe here*

Directions
1. Combine Bulgur and 2/3 Cup of water. Bring to a boil and let the Bulgur simmer for 10 minutes or so, until it is full cooked and the water has been absorbed.

2. Meanwhile, combine almond butter, hot water and honey until the mixture is creamy.

3. Add the chia seeds to the almond butter mixture.
4. Mix the almond butter mixture with the cooked Bulgur.

5. Top with strawberries, or fruit of choice.

This was amazeballs! The almond butter taste was so great, and the berries gave it a sweetness that sent my taste buds over the edge. This breakfast is up there with buttermilk pancakes and cinnamon rolls, and unlike the other two, it's healthy! I would completely recommend this to anyone, and now that I think of it, bananas would also go super well with this; it would probably resemble a peanut butter and banana sandwich. You could do so many things with this recipe, so I definitely see more Bulgur in my future!

My Rating of Almond Butter Breakfast Bulgur with Berries: 10/10
 JPW88UWSCADW 

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried cooking with bulgur. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it with this recipe!

      Delete