Thursday, June 27, 2013

The YouTube Guide to Ab Workouts

Ab workouts are fairly simple to do. No no, it's not the actual exercises that are simple, it's the fact that you don't need any special equipment  to give your core a good working out. A good way to work your abs is to follow a workout video, and with the internet at my fingertips, I have found three ab exercise videos that perform miracles on your core! 

8 Minute Abs
This is the video I started out doing when I incorporated workout videos into my fitness routine, and it really performed miracles on my abs! It's challenging, but the different exercises are manageable for beginners, but still challenging for those who aren't new to ab workouts, which  makes it a very versatile video. And yes, I know it's old and corny, but it works! An oldy but a goody...

Yvette Salva Fitness
This video (and the next one for that matter) are lesser known, but nonetheless challenging. A personal trainer named Yvette Salva has a whole YouTube channel of ten minute exercise videos called "Ten in Ten with Yvette" and the ab ones are phenomenal. There are two videos that focus on the core; one is less challenging than the other, so we'll start with that one. This first video uses a lot of lesser known ab exercises and gives plenty of modifications for beginners or novices, making it another very versatile video. 

The next video is also by Yvette, however it is, in my almighty opinion ;), more difficult. These exercises are also lesser known and modifications are given for the harder movements. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner, though. Some of the movements are complex, and could cause injury for those less experienced fitness buffs. I would recommend starting with one of the previous two videos, then working your way up to this one. But all of that aside, this video is perfection when it comes to ab workouts. 

There you have it; a whole ab workout on your computer. Now you have no excuse not to work that core! You're welcome.

My Rating of 8 Minute Abs: 8/10
My Rating of the First YS Video: 8/10
My Rating of the Second YS Video: 10/10 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the videos and will check them out. I'm always looking for new moves for my fitness students.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! These videos are top notch when it comes to ab workouts.

      Delete