Sunday, June 30, 2013

Roasted Chicken Breasts with Dijon Mustard

Well, look what we have here! A recipe that's not a vegetable. Hooray for protein! I love chicken, and it's where probably 80 to 90 percent of my protein comes from, so I'm always looking for ways to shake things up when it comes to chicken breasts. This recipe is extremely simple, and cooks fairly quickly, so you can whip it up, along with a few side dishes, in no time! I recommend pairing this with the sweet potato skillet, which you can make while your chicken is in the oven! 


4 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tsp. dried Thyme
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Black Pepper to Taste 

Print this recipe here.

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash and trim chicken breasts. 
3. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.


4. Brush over chicken breasts.
5. Place chicken on a baking rack.

6. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes, or until it is done to your liking.

Look at those babies! I was really expecting these to taste like mustard, but they absolutely did not. They were sensational! The chicken was juicy and the flavor wasn't too strong or overbearing. You could still taste the simple flavor of the chicken, but it the mustard mixture gave it a kick that made it not so plain.  I've still got a good amount of Dijon mustard left over, so I'm definitely going to be trying some different variations with this recipe. It's too easy and tastes too exceptional not to try again! 

My Rating of these Roasted Chicken Breasts with Dijon Mustard: 9/10





No comments:

Post a Comment