Friday, June 28, 2013

Oven Roasted Lemon Asparagus

After I finished my juice cleanse, I had a lemon left over and was trying to figure out a way to use it. Lemon always goes well with asparagus, so I picked up a bunch at the store and this recipe came to be. I didn't really know whether to just squeeze fresh lemon juice on the asparagus or what, and then it hit me that I had stumbled upon many recipes online where you roast the asparagus over lemon slices, so that's what I did.

1 Bunch of Asparagus
1 Lemon (you could use more)
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions
1. Wash and trim asparagus. Cut lemon into slices.

2. Toss asparagus spears in olive oil until well coated.

3. Arrange lemon slices onto a greased cookie sheet.
I know, they're not pretty. Who cares. Still tasted good!
4. Place asparagus spears over lemon slices.

5. Broil in the oven until asparagus gets crisp brown areas (between 5 and 10 minutes).

That's all! I will have to say this is one of the easiest recipes I've ever made, and it tasted good! I will say I probably should have cut my lemon slices thinner which would have given the asparagus more of a lemony flavor, but that's my only issue. If you're looking for a simple yet flavorful asparagus recipe, this is it!

My Rating of Oven Roasted Lemon Asparagus: 8/10




2 comments:

  1. My sister make this all of the time especially in the summer. She likes to put the asparagus directly on the grill. I like your blog and subscribing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! And thanks, I'm glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete