Monday, June 24, 2013

Mashed Cauliflower

I haven't had a nice heap of buttery mashed potatoes in ages and I've read about using mashed cauliflower instead. At first I just ignored it because I hated cauliflower, but then I tried it raw and didn't absolutely detest it. So, I finally got around to Googling some mashed cauliflower recipes and came up with my own.

1 Head of Cauliflower
1/4 cups of Milk 
1 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. of Garlic Powder
**Note that all of these amounts can be altered a little bit, but this is just what I ended up using.**

Directions 
1. Chop up cauliflower into florets.

2. Boil the cauliflower in water for 10 minutes (mine went a little extra).

3. Transfer to bowl and mash with a potato masher.
4. Add in olive oil, milk and garlic powder.

5. Viola! You have a nice bowl of mashed cauliflower.
Excuse the paper plates, I already had a heap of dishes to clean.
I have to say, they weren't half bad. They weren't a nice bowl of fat-filled, buttery mashed potatoes, but I liked them. Another plus is that they were extremely filling! I'm definitely going to make more of this, and I will probably do some more research for more spices that I can add to amp up the flavor. Other than that, this was a success!

My Rating of Mashed Cauliflower: 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment