Monday, June 24, 2013

Juice Cleanse Time

This past Friday, I got my wisdom teeth extracted. I had been awaiting this procedure for a while, and I thought that it would be a great idea to go on a juice cleanse afterwards. I wouldn't be able to eat many solids anyway and knowing my parents, they would try and take my to get a milkshake after surgery and that was NOT happening. So I surfed the web a little and found a lot of information and recipes for juice cleanses and came up with my own three day juice cleanse. The first thing you need to know is that three days before you cleanse, start weaning yourself off of all foods EXCEPT raw fruits and veggies. After you've primed your body for the cleanse, its time to start. Here are the five recipes I used for my cleanse; I had one of these juices per day, but I slept until noon for the last two days of my cleanse, so you may want to add one more for the morning. Here they are:


Mean Green Juice
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
2 apples
6 to 8 leaves kale
1/2 lemon
1-in ginger

Green Ginger Ale
1 cucumber
2 leaves of kale
1/2 inch piece of ginger
1 lemon

Green Juice
3 leaves kale, stem removed, roughly chopped
1 handful spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
1/2 English cucumber
2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
1 apple, halved and seeds removed
1 inch piece fresh ginger
1 lemon, rind removed

Red Juice
1 apple, quartered
2 red beets, quartered
3 large carrots
1 orange, rind removed
1 (1-inch) piece of ginger
1 handful spinach

Green Machine
4 Kale Leaves
2 Apples
2 Cups Spinach
1/2 Cucumber
2 Celery Stalks
1 Med Carrot
1″ Ginger

I have to say, these juices kept me pretty full when I drank water in addition to them. I set up my own little juicing station in my kitchen for three days, and juiced until my heart was content. 


My Juicing Station
When I remembered to, I added a splash of apple cider vinegar to my juices because it is loaded with good bacteria. I did notice myself getting a little smaller in the stomach area, and to be honest, I didn't feel bad at all (especially for someone who had just gotten four teeth cut out of their head) and honestly, the juices were tolerable; they weren't great by any means, but I could manage them. Always make sure that there is a bathroom nearby though, because all of that liquid makes for a full bladder! And one more thing, this juice cleanse wasn't too cheap. I would advise that one be very invested in it because it requires a large amount of fresh fruits and veggies which can add up (I went through nine cucumbers and eight lemons among other things). After your three day cleanse, start gradually adding foods back to your diet and go back to your normal day-to-day lifestyle.  

My Rating of the Three Day Juice Cleanse: 6 out of 10







No comments:

Post a Comment